Our High School ministry is for all of our 9th-12th grade students and exists to fulfill our mission of connecting students to Jesus, His Church, our community, and the world. In an effort to fulfill the mission of connecting students to Jesus, His Church, our community, and the world, the High School Ministry has weekly programs and monthly events.
We ignite in worship on Wednesday nights.
- 5:30pm: We start off with dinner ($3) and open gym time at 5:30pm. Chill with your friends, grab some food, and hang out.
- 6:15pm: High School students assemble in The Pier in our Christian Life Center. We begin with a game: something energetic, thought-provoking, or just plain crazy. Then, we move into a time of worship with our dynamic, student-led praise band. Brother Brent then leads us in a message that God has led him to share. We end with a final song, some prayer, a few announcements and more hangout time. Come and see what it means to be an "Abilene Student". We are a family, and we love having new students join us. You have a place here!
- 7:30pm: As worship ends, we have more open gym time and hangout time until 8pm.
One of the best ways to connect is through our Sunday School!
- 9:45am: Gather in The Pier in our Christian Life Center. Grab some FREE breakfast. After some announcements and prayer, we dismiss to classes.
- 10:00am: We gather in classes by grade level. We share stories from the week, pray, and engage in a lesson from one of our beloved Sunday School teachers!
Bible Study & D-Group
We love worshiping and connecting with our students. In addition, we want to be part of their lives too. We want to be with them to celebrate the great moments and endure the difficult ones. We want to pour our experience and wisdom into them. We want to know what is happening in their lives. So, to help with this initiative, we are launching two new gender-based groups to Abilene Students this summer.
- Girls Bible Study: As of June 1, Miss Jessie Burdette is our new full-time Student Ministry Associate. She will be hosting a High School Girls Bible Study each week during the summer. Miss Jessie and other ladies in the church will use this time to engage, teach, and mentor our high school girls. They will meet in Jessie's home in the evenings.
- Guys Disciple Group: Brother Brent and our summer interns will be hosting a High School Guys D-Group each week during the summer. Brother Brent, the interns, and other guys in the church will use this time to engage, teach, and mentor our high school guys. They will meet in the College building at Abilene Baptist Church.
- For both groups, click here to view the exact dates, times, and location, which are now listed on our new High School Calendar.
Events & Activities
Aside from our weekly programs, our High School ministry also has lots of other events and gatherings. Our events are designed to teach students to walk with Christ on a daily basis. In our busy culture it’s easy to lose site of authentic relationships and Christian obedience on a daily basis. Every event we have strives to fulfill the mission of Abilene Baptist Church. Be sure to check out the calendar for upcoming events. Or, just scroll down for a schedule of our upcoming items.
Have a question? Contact Brent Mayes @ firstname.lastname@example.org, call @ (706) 869-1774, or call/text @ (678) 953-2258.
Connect with us on social media!