Our Middle School ministry is for all of our 6th-8th grade students and exists to fulfill our mission of connecting students to Jesus, His Church, our community, and the world. In an effort to fulfill the mission of connecting students to Jesus, His Church, our community, and the world, the High School Ministry has weekly programs and monthly events.
Student Worship - Wednesday Nights
- 5:00pm: Our gym, cafe, and lobby opens for students to hang out.
- 6:00pm: 6th-12th grade students assemble in The Cliff, our brand new youth room on the second floor of the Christian Life Center (CLC).
- We have a prayer time for missionaries, upcoming ministry opportunities, and our group.
- We worship together led by our all student praise band.
- Most weeks, we split into Middle School and High School groups; sometimes, we stay together.
- We then have a game: something energetic, thought-provoking, or just plain crazy.
- Brother Brent Mayes and/or Nick Deshong leads in a message, and, often, students separate into small groups.
- 7:30pm: We end with prayer, and then students are dismissed to the gym for more open rec and hang out time until parents pick them up.
- This group meets together with all of our youth at Harlem Middle School on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm.
- Enter the building at the front entrance of the school, and head upstairs to the Media Center.
- Everyone in the youth meets together at 6:30pm.
- We begin with a fun game, and then students move into a time of worship.
- Bro John Stevens leads in a short message, and then students break into small groups.
Come and see what it means to be an "Abilene Student". We are a family, and we love having new students join us. You have a place here!
One of the best ways to connect is through our Sunday School!
- We meet from 9:45am-10:45am.
- To find your class, simply come to the Christian Life Center (CLC) at 9:45am, and our greeters will be glad to show you where to go.
- Here is a list of the classes & teachers.
- 6th Grade: Stuart Tranum and Catrina Estep
- 7th Grade: Veronica and Tommy Stanford and Stephanie Beauford
- 8th Grade: Rodgers Gentry and Becky McClain
- We meet from 11:00am-12:00pm.
- To find your class, simply ask a greeter, and they will be glad to show you where to go.
We love worshiping and connecting with our students. In addition, we want to be part of their lives too. We want to be with them to celebrate the great moments and endure the difficult ones. We want to pour our experience and wisdom into them. We want to know what is happening in their lives.
Aside from our weekly programs, Root 78 also has monthly events. Be sure to click here to check out the Student Events webpage for upcoming events. Our events are designed to teach students to walk with Christ on a daily basis. In our busy culture it’s easy to lose sight of authentic relationships and Christian obedience on a daily basis. Every event we have strives to fulfill the mission of Abilene Baptist Church.
Don't miss any updates or schedule changes. If you are not already on Flocknote, sign up today.
Flocknote is our FREE email and text messaging system.
Simply enter your information in the space below, and you will be sure never to miss anything from Abilene Students!
Join Flocknote today. Just enter your information here and click "Sign Me Up".
Keep up with us on social media!
You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube, and LinkedIn all with the same handles: @abilenestudents.
If you have any questions about the Student Ministry, or if you just wish to connect, feel free to contact us. We would love to get to know you!
Have a blessed day!
The Abilene Student Ministry Staff
Our Youth Choir consists of 6th-12th grade students who love Jesus Christ and love to get together and sing His praises!
The Youth Choir meets Sundays at 5:30 pm in the Choir Rehearsal Suite in our Main building. The Youth Choir helps lead worship in our evening worship service several times a year. We desire to develop the students musically and spiritually as they grow in their role as worship leaders.
Have a question? Contact Ellis Ivey at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may reach him at (706) 869-1774.